Content Platform is growing in Stockholm and we are looking for a Product Manager to join our team in one of our new product areas: Content Assembly.
Content Assembly sits at the intersection of consumer and creator offerings, building the platform, capabilities, and products that allows for content to flourish on Spotify by means of metadata. While Spotify has extensive experience, having operated in this space for many years, we are actively exploring opportunities to reinvent how we excel and move towards becoming the industry leader.
In this role you will lead research and development of Spotify’s external upload tool for Content Providers such as labels and aggregators. You will work closely with both Spotify’s Content Operations team and New Markets to understand the landscape and form a strong vision and strategy for what Spotify’s upload capabilities should be, today and tomorrow. You will work closely with a highly skilled engineering team as well as with Design and UX to ensure you build the right thing with the right experience. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a small team of skilled engineers, operations, designers, user researchers and data scientists, to set the vision, strategy and roadmap for Spotify’s external upload tooling
- Work to define the metrics for your team and measure how these improve over time
- Work closely with partners across the organization and collaborate on the company’s short and long-term goals
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
Who you are
- You are driven to get stuff done with a collaborative mindset. You don’t win unless your team wins
- You are ambitious and have a strong focus on delivering user value
- You have a design background and/ or interest that will help you and the team develop an excellent user exper
- You are passionate about how products work “under the hood” and are comfortable collaborating and discussing technical approaches and challenges with engineers
- You are well organized and have excellent attention to detail
- You learn quickly and can easily digest and triangulate multiple sources of information
- You are highly capable of communicating a vision and of formulating a strategy for it
- You have experience with building user-friendly customer facing products
- You are an excellent communicator in English, spoken and written
- You are open to travel for work
- You want to live in the breathtaking capital of Sweden and work from one of Spotify’s main hubs
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.