In today’s complex business environment, an organization’s adaptability, agility, and ability to lead constant change through innovation is key to success.
Spotify’s Business Information Systems tribe is now hiring a passionate Product Owner for Content to drive the roadmap and keep the diversified stakeholders for this area together and up to date on priorities and deliveries for platforms supporting our enterprise content reporting and royalty processes.
This includes close collaboration with teams working with content/label relationships as well as our internal Finance department.
You will play a central part in planning the long-term future of the content and royalty operations footprint within Spotify.
This role will be based out of our New York office.
You will be a forward-thinker, use a proactive and growth mindset, be a great verbal and written communicator, a tactful diplomat, a strong analyst, and thorough problem solver.
What You Will Do:
- Partner with business sponsors and stakeholders to identify business objectives and priorities to enable enterprise growth and scalability
- Drive changes end-to-end, defining functional and technical requirements for application extensions and integrations
- Manage core royalty calculations and the integrity of our financial interpretation for all areas of the business
- Offer this as an infrastructure upon which other teams can build
- Manage the right level of platformization and scope, guide on what stakeholder interfaces this team drive v.s. enable stakeholder teams to drive
- Collaborate with global business units and technology teams
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings
Who you are:
- Strong org leader who can navigate a fairly complex set of stakeholder relationships as well as a team that has a lot of domain experience to help them drive strategy
- Great business awareness and a desire to learn content and royalty process
- You have experience of working with diverse teams creating and influencing strategy, tactics and execution in a playful manner
- You have 5+ years of translating product strategy into IT roadmap, including technical management and development
- You have the ability to build sound relationships and clearly communicate expectations with team members and management
- You have experience identifying and implementing analytics/metrics/KPIs to drive critical business processes and decision making; experience with data science, statistical analysis, and data mining.
- You can work independently and as part of a team
- You believe music makes the world a better place
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.