Do you have a passion for crafting innovative new products in a research-led environment? Are you excited by the prospect of helping to build the best knowledge graph in the music industry? Would you like to be part of an upbeat team working to impact the future of Spotify?
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced Product Manager to join the team building out our content knowledge graph. This will form the basis of our understanding of music and will power a wide range of features & experiences on our platform. You will work with partners to understand our use cases; with teams across New York and London to define the content entities and relationships; and with our many partners to collect data about the content on Spotify. You will also work with others in the leadership group to define our ongoing strategy and impact the direction of features on Spotify.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers, designers, researchers, and analysts to set the vision for the knowledge graph.
- Lead the full product lifecycle through research, discovery, experimentation and delivery.
- Partner and collaborate across the organization to help add valuable information to the knowledge graph.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to expand our sources of data and knowledge, and identify new ways to impact Spotify’s users and creators.
- Ensure that your team has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support.
- Inspire and grow the team in New York as we expand our scope to include new types of information.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience working as a product manager, or similar role, in high performing, cross functional teams. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have experience building complex data systems.
- You deal well with ambiguity and can distill solutions from a broad problem space.
- You have operated in highly-experimental contexts, leading teams through product discovery processes, rapid prototyping, and data-informed experimentation.
- You believe that the team is key to delivery and have developed techniques to ensure your teams are happy, motivated and productive.
- You are experienced with working with agile development teams and trying out new product management techniques.
We are proud to foster an inclusive workplace. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.