Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Product Manager that will join our Content Delivery team. You will own and drive the short, medium and long term vision and execution for Content Delivery at Spotify. You and your team, consisting of Backend Engineers, Network Engineers and peering experts, are fundamental contributors when it comes to the way the world experience & values Spotify. Our current delivery mechanisms are a mix of our ever growing CDN network and external CDNs.
What you’ll do
- Think big! We are a global company and our 200M+ user base is growing by the minute. You will be fundamental in making sure that our delivery solutions will continue to be world leading as we expand to even more markets.
- Making sure we reach our business goals without sacrificing user experience by harnessing the power of the talented team building an extraordinary content delivery solution
- Provide strategic expertise on relevant industry and competitor developments.
- Be at the forefront of emerging technologies and assess how they can be used to further enhance the quality of the delivery.
- Drive a multi disciplinary team to deliver like clockwork with increasing quality.
- Continuously evaluate performance to drive improvements and iterations on the platform.
- Continuously collaborate with infrastructure teams and external stakeholders.
- Continuously monitor, summarise, and report feedback from the user base, as well as from the media industry.
- Work from our office in Stockholm.
Who you are
- You understand how Internet routing mechanics works from both a local and global perspective.
- You are comfortable participating in the architecture/technical decisions made in the team, requiring you to have in depth knowledge about content delivery mechanisms.
- You can translate you and your team’s knowledge & experience to use-cases and prioritised work that will pave the way for other teams at Spotify to excel when building content experiences that relies on your delivery infrastructure.
- You have experience leading and developing business critical systems – including defining product roadmaps and long-term plans.
- You get stuff done! As shown by working as a product manager, or similar, in high performing teams that have built and deployed large scale applications and services.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.