Are you excited by the opportunity to develop and drive the product strategy in a domain that no one in the industry has cracked just yet? Content Platform is growing in Europe and we are looking for a Product Manager to join our team in one of our new product areas: Content Control.
Content Control sits at the intersection of our consumer and creator offerings, using technology, policies and people to make sure we are serving the safest and most relevant catalog to all users in our all of our markets. Parts of this equation can be solved proactively, while as other parts rely on a solid systematic approach for gathering and acting on real-time inputs from creators, industry partners, consumers and other non-governmental organizations. While Spotify has extensive experience, having operated in this space for many years, we are actively exploring the opportunities from a new perspective.
This is where you come in: you will build the product strategy to proactively moderate content experiences. You’ll lead a dedicated engineering team setting out a clear vision and product roadmap.
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of creators and fans experience Spotify’s content offering, have a major impact on company growth, partner with product leaders across the company, and build a cross-functional team of engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with a team of skilled engineers, designers, user researchers and data scientists, to set the vision, strategy and roadmap for Spotify’s proactive content controls
- Work to define the metrics for your team and measure how these improve over time
- Work closely with partners across the organization and collaborate on the company’s short and long-term goals
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
Who you are:
- You have worked previously in a leadership capacity, either as a manager or team lead
- You are experienced within the content management and or moderation product space
- You have hands on experience conducting user research and managing data products
- You are passionate about how products work “under the hood” and are comfortable collaborating and discussing technical approaches and challenges with engineers
- You have designed, defined, and built a minimal viable product (MVP) from the ground up
- You are highly capable of communicating a vision and of formulating a strategy
- You are an excellent communicator in English, spoken and written
- You are open to travel for work
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
Date posted – September 12th, 2019
Closing date – October 11th, 2019