We are looking for a Product Manager to join Spotify’s App Connectivity Engineering team. This mission builds app infrastructure for mobile and desktop client applications, enabling development teams to easily authenticate and communicate with the Spotify backend as well as other internet services.
Challenges include delivering easy-to-use APIs for connectivity to our development teams, while at the same time keeping on top of technology advances and performance and security requirements. As a product manager for the connectivity offering, you will also work closely together with the related backend teams and our internal customers to deliver the right software. Some current examples of challenges are solving for next-generation protocols such as gRPC or HTTP/3 and expanding our offering to the growing collection of Spotify user experiences.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive product vision, strategy and metrics for the team
- Interest and willingness to work on both complex engineering and value proposition/strategy.
- Deeply understand how networking needs to support the Spotify business.
- Stay on top of technology developments and evolve the connectivity offering accordingly.
- Balance needs around reliability, security and performance with building new features.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to ensure healthy delivery – including capabilities, happiness, resilience, and growth.
- Ensure your team is doing the right things, while not being spread too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for successful teams at Spotify.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional experiences and understand what a phenomenal platform that meet these needs looks like.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity.
- You are structured and give close attention to details.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.