Spotify Connect lets our users listen out loud on their speakers, TV, consoles and more. It is a central pillar of our platformization strategy and we’re betting hard on it as we push to make listening out-loud an even more compelling experience than it is today.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the platform team that owns the infrastructure that powers all Spotify Connect enabled experiences. The team owns and operates some of our most mission-critical systems; millions of music lovers worldwide rely on them to enable flawless listening experiences in their homes and beyond. You will be instrumental in defining and driving the vision for the future of Spotify Connect, working with both your team and stakeholders throughout the business to take the platform to the next level.
You must be located in, or willing to relocate to, Stockholm, Sweden, where this team resides.
What you’ll do
- Articulate and evolve the Spotify Connect Infrastructure team’s vision and mission, building strategies and systems which impact all our consumer-facing products.
- Work closely with other product leaders to help define the future of the user experience, highlighting the opportunities of the platform and creating additional value opportunities.
- Deliver a valuable platform to stakeholders while maintaining focus on the needs of Spotify’s end users.
- Evangelise your mission & products at all levels in order to drive meaningful change and deliver measurable impact across the organisation.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization to make sure that your team provides for the company’s short- and long-term goals.
- Make sure your team is doing the right things, while not spreading too thinly. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance are key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Additionally, you will become a key member of a small team of Product Managers who own and operate a complementing set of SDK products, defining and implementing the broader strategy on an organisational level and having a direct impact across our consumer & ubiquity product capabilities.
Who you are
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending different perspectives in the pursuit of a mission.
- You are passionate about building exceptional user experiences and understand what a great platform that meets these needs looks like.
- You are excellent at sorting out ambiguity and ensure both engineers and stakeholders have appropriate information and clear direction at all times.
- You have experience working in a highly-technical domain with experienced engineers.
- You understand the importance of the developer experience to maximise impact, distribution and success for those building on top of your product.
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- You are an excellent communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- You are structured, and enable those around you to maintain focus on the right things at the right time.
- You are persistent, rational and put facts above speculation.
- A passion for the Spotify as a product and a user experience.
- Domain knowledge of the music industry and/or online entertainment.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.