The Manager of Compliance Engineering is responsible for the roadmap, operations, stakeholder management and construction of compliance-related products and processes built by Compliance Engineering.
You understand how both regulatory compliance and engineering organizations work and simplify and optimize their work day to day. You will own the driving of change and introduction of products into our infrastructure and teams across Spotify. You are comfortable with regulatory frameworks and familiar with industry approaches to common compliance protocol and requirements.
You will be responsible for building and overseeing the overall strategy for Compliance Engineering products and processes. Your team will partner with both business partners and other engineering teams on continually improving and enhancing our control environment, and in response to new regulatory frameworks and protocol.
Managing a dedicated agile team and working with a multitude of internal stakeholders, spanning several disciplines within the company, your work will have a material impact on the growth of Spotify’s business.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Compliance Engineering strategy and roadmap in close collaboration with the stakeholders in Legal, R&D, Internal Audit, and FP&A.
- Manage a team of engineers and compliance analysts responsible for delivering features and functionality within our Compliance environment.
- Work with your team to identify requirements, evaluate both new features and architecture and help drive decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Legal, Finance, Internal Audit, and Engineering to maintain and continually enhance our control environment to meet ever-changing regulatory requirements.
- Build strong partnership with Legal, Finance, IT, Engineering, Internal Audit and key individuals within our functional organizations.
- Inspire, motivate and foster a high performing inclusive team.
Who are you:
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- You have a minimum 5 – 8 years experience with a public company, compliance offices, governance and security processes and controls
- You have strong knowledge of compliance frameworks, compliance programs, and R&D environments.
- You have experience with security compliance frameworks, controls, and best practices: AICPA Trust Principles (SSAE 16 – SOC 2 and 3), ISO 27000 Series, PCI DSS, GDPR and other regulations governing personally identifiable information (PII), PCI, HIPAA, SOC, SOX,IT audit and/or risk management experience and other regulatory compliance frameworks.
- You know how to influence decision making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- You are passionate about and have experience with compliance and engineering
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including extensive experience meeting and presenting to senior executives.
- You have excellent project management skills and the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.