We are looking for a Product Manager with passion to drive a roadmap combining DevOps and Financial Operations, often referred to as a FinOps transformation, to maximise our cloud monetization. The mission is to enable engineering to make the best use of their resources, as engineers now spend company money at will and make financial decisions at rapid speed. This is a good thing, but also demands new ways of supporting these decisions. It also presents a unique opportunity to be the Product Manager for Spotify, an early leader in this space as shown in our pioneer membership in the new FinOps Foundation.
The Product Manager will be responsible for creation of a product strategy, ensuring multiple teams are aligned with robust and well-defined roadmaps and backlogs. You will work with key team members from various Spotify groups, with a focus on finding scalable solutions with the goal of increasing both effectiveness and efficiency across a wide range of disciplines within technology (cloud compute, storage, database, machine learning, observability, orchestration, developer tools, etc) and its management (FinOps, procurement, finance, security, governance, etc).
You will build strong internal partnerships with Infrastructure, Finance, Security, and Legal, ensuring that all teams are collaborating and prioritizing key shared initiatives. You will be accountable for crafting critical metrics for measuring overall impact and success. You are passionate about providing the best engineering experiences and insights. You will explore methods to both support and automate complex analytical tasks.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a product evangelist within Spotify and help everyone understand a FinOps vision, roadmap, and good practices
- Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams as well as customer-facing teams, ensuring that products and ways of working satisfy Spotify needs and are highly adopted
- Use market analysis, stakeholder understanding, usability testing, and product management collaboration to bring the best of cloud technology monetization to Spotifyour enterprise
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and then work with analysts and developers to get it built and launched
- Bring a detailed eye for user experience and design to ensure features drive high adoption and customer enthusiasm
- Organize regular strategic internal business reviews, including management by objectives
- Entrusted to lead programs responsible for driving governance and behavioral change
- Contribute to good practices, both within our partnership structures, as well as via forums such as finops.org
Who you are
- Someone with genuine appreciation for the role successful product management, external technical partnerships and a FinOps transformation can play at a company like Spotify – and you can share this passion for motivating the team and the broader organization
- Love to inspire engineering management and teams, building partnerships with using both the formal and informal network
- Comfortable with insights and automation products, preferring cloud-native technologies and tools
- Passionate about management principles around internet-based technologies such as cloud computing, big data, or mobile computing, such as FinOps, Agile, Service Management, Governance and Technology Sourcing
- Experienced in developing both systems and processes at scale, combined into a continuously improving and auditable management system
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships between organizations at multiple levels: engineer-to-engineer, product manager-to-product manager, and tech-to-finance that yield long-term value
- Knowledgeable of trends in the tech industry and the marketplaces for cloud services, including experience with translating trends and needs into compelling strategies and highly usable products
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we deeply value and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.