We are looking for a passionate and seasoned Product Manager to join the Creator Marketplace team – a cross-functional group dedicated to helping artists, labels and publishers grow, engage, monetize and understand their fans. Spotify as a company is committed to building a platform for creativity that brings artists and fans closer together. You’ll be at the center of that mission.
What you’ll do
- Join a quickly-growing and passion-driven Creator team and become a member of an accomplished and talented group of Product Managers in the New York City office.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders, artist teams, and label teams to develop and spread customer empathy.
- Build and execute a vision that empowers artist and label teams to better leverage the playlist ecosystem to grow and engage their fan audience on Spotify.
- Develop tools and features that empower Spotify playlist editors to make the best editorial playlists.
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists, managers, labels and publishers to define new strategies.
- Drive innovation, form product hypotheses and craft iterative roadmaps based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- Inspire squads and stakeholders to execute your product vision and strategy.
- Get the best out of those around you by operating as a supportive teammate to engineers, designers and others throughout the agile development process.
Who you are
- You have 5+ yrs experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a Product Manager. You are adept at defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You build deep empathy for the end user by internalizing their needs and desires.
- You are a compelling storyteller, with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- You have strong product intuition combined with a natural skepticism to challenge your own ideas and assumptions.
- You strive for perfection but take a pragmatic approach to get there.
- If you have experience building marketplace products or you’ve previously worked alongside artists – you might be an especially good fit.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.