We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative Product Management Intern that will #Jointheband this summer! As a Product Management Intern, you will work with a cross-functional team from Design, Technology, and Analytics to define the near-term and long-term roadmap for our self-service offerings. You will also partner with stakeholders across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal. From prototyping to development to commercialization, you’ll own the full lifecycle of features on a Spotify product.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with a Product Manager on a new or existing product and build a roadmap for its continued evolution.
- Assist in the roll-out, training and support of new products and capabilities.
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists to define new strategies.
- Help teams efficiently interface, squads to efficiently plan, meetings to run like clockwork.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders and teams to develop and spread customer empathy.
- Get the best out of those around you by operating as a supportive teammate to engineers, designers and others throughout the agile development process.
- Join a quickly growing and passion-driven product team and become a member of an accomplished and talented group of product leaders in the New York City office.
Who You Are:
- You are currently pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- You have natural leadership tendencies. Your track record shows numerous occasions of bringing people together, formally or informally, to accomplish something you’re passionate about.
- An exceptional communicator. You have experience collaborating effectively with creatives, engineers, and business people. You inspire people to action with your story telling.
- A proven operator. You’ve been on teams building software before and know the basics of the Product Management craft.
- A music enthusiast. You love music and are passionate about helping musicians thrive while delivering fans amazing experiences.
The Intern Gig:
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is December 16th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, ET. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late December, 2018 – Early February, 2019: Application Review
- Late February, 2019 – March, 2019: Interviews
- April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.