We are looking for an experienced insights leader to join our Product Insights team, and help drive an insights-led culture across Spotify. At User Engagement we develop world-class personalized features to connect our listeners to the right music for every moment. Your team works to bring insights into every decision we make.
As a Manager in Product Insights you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of professionals from both user research and data science backgrounds, focused on improving our content recommendation products.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at all levels
- Work closely with designers, product people, engineers, marketers, and other disciplines across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar insight role and a degree in a related discipline
- You have worked on digital consumer product problems
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced insight, both quantitative and qualitative
- You have broad experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a phenomenal storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.