We are looking for an experienced insights leader to join our Product Insights team, and help drive an insights-led culture across Spotify. At User Engagement we develop world-class personalized features to connect our listeners to the right music for every moment. Your team works to bring data and insights into every decision we make.
As a Manager in Product Insights you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of professionals from both user research and data science backgrounds, focused on improving our content recommendation products.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at all levels
- Work closely with designers, product people, engineers, marketers, and other disciplines across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have 5+ years of experience in a similar data analyst or data science role and a degree in science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have worked on data science problems related to consumer technology
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music
Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post