The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening.
Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like “Home” and “Search” as well as original playlists such as “Discover Weekly” and “Daily Mix.” We’re a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are looking for an expert in behavioral economics or HCI to lead a team of our insights people in our Personalization organization at Spotify. As an expert in understanding the science of human decision making you will work with a team of data scientists and user researchers to help us define our understanding of music, audio and our listeners to develop how we personalize the Spotify experience.
What you’ll do:
You will lead, manage and grow a global team of Data Scientists and User Researchers within Spotify Personalization setting focus, strategy and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
Contribute to the strategic leadership of the broader Personalization organization
Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP, and Executive levels
Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
Work from our offices in New York
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You will have at least 5 years relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in behavioral economics, psychology, HCI or another related discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics
- Experience building statistical and experimental methods
- Experience working with qualitative research methods
- Comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music