Creator Marketplace is the home for Spotify’s music industry products such as Spotify for Artists and Spotify Label Analytics. We have a thriving insights community of 20+ data scientists and user researchers.
We are looking for an experienced insights leader to lead and manage a cross-disciplinary insights team and help us develop best-in-class promotion and expression tools for Creators and their teams — how do we help artists stand out amidst the noise? How do we help them grow and reach new audiences? How do we help them connect with their fans? Together, we’ll come up with exciting and effective ways to help them succeed. You’ll join us to craft a strategy rooted firmly in user insights that paints an exciting vision of the future, and deliver on an ambitious insights agenda across qualitative and quantitative analysis.
As an expert in data, analytics and insights you will be part of the Creator Insights lead team and will partner with data engineers, product teams, and designers to help us define the next generation of music industry products.
What you’ll do
- You will lead, manage and grow a global team of Data Scientists and User Researchers within Creator Marketplace; setting focus, strategy and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the broader Creator Marketplace organisation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You will have at least 7 years relevant applied experience with a masters degree or higher in economics, psychology, human computer interaction, computer science, statistics, or mathematics, or a related field
- You have the technical skill to coach team members in advanced analytics
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models and running experiments
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
We’re looking for insights leaders to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you’re best suited to.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.