The Content Platform is the backbone Spotify’s audio catalog: ingesting music and podcasts to the platform, enriching it with metadata, building systems to discover and organize knowledge about creators and content.
We are looking for an experienced leader to build and establish a Product Insights practice for a team that touches all constituents of Spotify, from music listeners to creators and content owners to internal moderators. As an expert in data, analytics and insights you will partner with data engineers, product teams, and designers to help us define the next generation of music industry products.
What you’ll do
- You will lead, manage and grow a global team of Data Scientists and User Researchers within Marketplace; setting focus, strategy and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the broader Creator Marketplace organisation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from our offices in New York
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You will have at least 7 years relevant applied experience with a masters degree or higher in economics, psychology, human computer interaction, computer science, statistics, or mathematics, or a related field
- You have the technical skill to coach team members in advanced analytics
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models and running experiments
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
We’re looking for insights leaders to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you’re best suited to.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.