Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced Insights Leader to join the band and help drive research and data initiatives. As a Product Insights team, our mission is to enable evidence-based decision making in our organization.
We achieve this by gaining a deep understanding of music listeners and establishing trustworthy and impactful metrics to track product improvement and user experience changes. We seek to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify’s consumer experience and to provide day to day input on product decisions, big and small. Your team will use mixed methods to study and understand user behaviour, evaluate potential of product initiatives, guide plans and generate ideas. The goal is to advise every decision we make with just the right relevant evidence, metrics, insights and data.
The team you will lead will be composed of UX researchers, behavioral scientists, data scientists and other kinds of researchers as needed, working in collaboration with other fields to drive product improvement and impact how the world experiences music.
Does this sound like music to your ears? If so, read on below.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximise influence and impact within 1-2 product areas
- People management responsibilities for 3-6 data scientists and user researchers
- Ensure data and insights are timely, trustworthy and actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Communicate insights and recommendations to key partners at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, developers and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success!
- Work from our office in Stockholm or London and manage relationships with partners globally (with occasional traveling) – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden or UK.
Who you are:
- Proven experience as a people-manager, for insights, data science, or user research organization
- An appropriate educational background (e.g. a graduate degree in a social, cognitive, or natural science, information science, statistics, or computer science)
- You have the technical competence and the people leadership skills to coach team members in appropriate methodologies, communication style, and technical solutions needed
- Cognizant of time-sensitive nature of the work, and can deliver timely or get extra time as needed. You are pragmatic and can make tough decisions quickly!
- You are a phenomenal communicator, both in writing and verbally, form relationships with a diverse set of colleagues.
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges, helping your partners with defining the questions they want answered, specifying methodology and timelines for their requests. You are also capable of saying no as needed
- Knowledge of relevant methodologies for understanding and interpreting human behavior and human interactions with technology
- Knowledge of statistics beyond introductory class. At least one course in advanced statistical methods or equivalent experience
- Experience working with big data, comfortable with SQL and R or Python
- Survey methodology and market research experience
- Experience working with “small” or qualitative data-deriving insights from thee data and supplementing these insights as needed with quantitative data
- Experience with experimentation and experimental design, understand alternatives to experimentation, and challenges with design, deployment and analysis of AB tests in a large company setting
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.