Spotify is looking for a Product Insights Manager to join the Consumer Experience mission. Our teams are responsible for all of Spotify’s consumer experiences on across our mobile app as well as platforms like desktop, TVs, speakers, cars, wearables, and partner application integrations to make Spotify available wherever our users are.
We are looking for an experienced insight leader to join the band and help drive an insights led culture within product development. As an Product Insights team, our mission is to turn customer experiences and data into insights, gaining a deep understanding of music listeners, to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify’s consumer experience. Your team will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact within 1-2 product areas
- Have people management responsibilities for a team of 3-6 data scientists and user researchers and report to the Tribe Product Insights Lead
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, developers and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from Stockholm and maintain relationships with stakeholders globally
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have 5+ years in a Data scientist role at a consumer-focused company, and a degree in science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative user research methods and are comfortable supporting team members in planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
- You have a passion for making sense of user behaviour, using any available methods and a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach in product development
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.