We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support the free tier of Spotify. User researchers and data scientists in this area will be helping to answer questions such as
- How can we innovate the audio advertising format?
- How do we accurately measure ad effectiveness and utilize this information?
- What are the needs of advertisers from self service tools?
- How do we design for user experience across multiple emerging platforms?
As a Product Insights Manager you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of 3-6 professionals from the Product Insights team focussed on improving our advertising platform and products.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Ensure data and insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the broader product insights team
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York and maintain relationships with stakeholders globally
Who you are
- You have 4+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have 6+ years in a research role at a consumer-focused company
- You have a degree in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field
- You have broad experience of evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesise quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You have a passion for making sense of user behaviour, using any available methods and a dedicated advocate of a user-centered approach
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.