We are looking for an experienced leader in data science to join our team. We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support the free tier of Spotify, and your team will drive insights and products that help power a personalized user experience and an effective advertising business.
The insights team in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
- How can we calculate the impact advertising has on content consumption?
- How can we improve the user experience through better targeted ads and personalization technology?
- How can we innovate the audio advertising format?
- How do we design for user experience across multiple emerging platforms?
As a Manager in the Product Insights team you’ll be a hands-on leader of a mixed discipline team of 5-8 data scientists and user researchers focused on improving the user experience of users on our ad-supported free tier.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a mixed discipline team of data scientists and qualitative researchers, setting focus, strategy and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Own analysis of large sets of data to extract actionable insights that drive product decisions and lead experimentation efforts
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the broader ad platform team
- Collaborate with machine learning teams and data engineers to improve the quality of our platform through experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a similar data analyst or data science role and a degree in science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have worked on data science problems related to advertising platforms or consumer technology
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Scala)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models and running experiments
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music
Psst! If this job is your perfect match and you want some inside tips before you apply, read this blog post