We are looking for an experienced leader in data science to join our team. We are developing a world-class advertising platform to support the free tier of Spotify, and your team will drive insights and products that help power a personalized user experience and an effective advertising business.
The insights team in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
- How can we calculate the impact advertising has on content consumption?
- How can we improve the user experience through better targeted ads and personalization technology?
- How can we innovate the audio advertising format?
- How do we design for user experience across multiple emerging platforms?
As a Manager in the Product Insights team you’ll be a hands-on leader of a mixed discipline team of 5-8 data scientists and user researchers focused on improving the user experience of users on our ad-supported free tier.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a mixed discipline team of data scientists and qualitative researchers, setting focus, strategy and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Own analysis of large sets of data to extract actionable insights that drive product decisions and lead experimentation efforts
- Contribute to the strategic leadership of the broader ad platform team
- Collaborate with machine learning teams and data engineers to improve the quality of our platform through experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York, leading research across our global markets
Who you are:
- You have 2+ years of experience as a people-manager
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a similar data analyst or data science role and a degree in science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- You have worked on data science problems related to advertising platforms or consumer technology
- You have the technical competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics:
- Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, R, Python, Scala)
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, D3, ggplot)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building statistical models and running experiments
- You have experience working with evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, and can build relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.