We are looking for a leader in user experience research or data science to join our Free R&D Product Insights team, and help drive an insights led culture across Spotify. Our mission is to turn customer experiences and data into insights to impact the strategy and direction of Spotify products. Your team will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make.
We are developing a world-class self-serve advertising platform to enable small and medium sized businesses and to support the free tier of Spotify. User researchers and data scientists in this area will be helping to answer questions such as:
- How can we we help small business marketers to create engaging ads on Spotify?
- What are the needs of independent artists and labels for advertising on Spotify and how can we help them achieve their goals?
- What are the needs of advertisers from self service ad creation and measurement tools?
- How do we design for user experience across multiple emerging platforms and advertisers across different industries?
As a Manager in Product Insights you’ll be a hands-on leader of a team of 3-6 professionals from both user research and data science backgrounds, focused on improving our advertising platform and products.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of user researchers and data scientists, setting focus, strategy and priorities for the teams work to maximize influence and impact in the organization
- Deliver global research focussed on understanding the needs of small scale advertisers across a range of industries, countries and contexts.
- Ensure insights are actionable to drive decisions across the business
- Provide leadership and mentorship to user experience researchers in the broader product insights team
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company passionate about Spotify’s success
- Work from New York, leading research across our global markets
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.