We are looking for passionate and experienced Product Insights Director to join Spotify Core Experience tribe / business area in the Experience Mission. The Core Experience tribe is a team of close to 200 great people responsible for developing and innovating on Spotify’s core consumer experience across mobile app surfaces.
We are seeking an experienced Insights Director to lead and develop our awesome Insights team and help drive insights and data into the product development cycle.
As an Insights team, our mission is to turn customer experiences and data into insights and gain deep understanding of music and audio listeners to impact the direction of Spotify’s consumer experience. Our team of user researchers and data scientists study user behaviour, strategic initiatives, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, our work impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you’ll do:
- Alongside your counterparts in Product, Design and Tech, you’ll be responsible for leading the Product Insights team. You’ll provide thought leadership to develop a data-informed and guided product strategy. Together, you’ll collaboratively solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- You’ll lead, support and develop a mixed discipline Insights team of data scientists and user researchers, setting focus, strategy, and priorities with the team to maximize influence and impact and deliver on overall strategy and priorities. Currently, the team is close to 20 people located in Stockholm, Gothenburg, and London.
- You’ll define the scope for data science and user research for one of Spotify’s highest priority business area ensuring that data and insights are actionable and aligned with product strategies to drive decisions across the business.
- You’ll perform analyses on large sets of data and study user behaviour to extract and share actionable insights that will help inform product decisions through collaborative, cross-functional ways of working. You’ll work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product managers, designers, developers, marketers and others in the tribe and across the company, who are passionate about Spotify’s success.
- You’ll help shape the future of Product Insights within Spotify as we grow.
- You’ll work from our office in Stockholm and travel to support your team in Gothenburg and London. In addition, you’ll maintain relationships with stakeholders globally.
- You’re a leader with practical data science, user research and combined insights chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve a high level of educational training and industry experience in your area of expertise (be it data science or user research), including;
- Product analytics or data science and have worked with A/B tests and iterative data informed product design
- Evaluative and formative qualitative research methods and are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research
- You’re comfortable taking different forms of data and inputs and interpreting them into insights that guide product development. You’re skilled at making sense of user behaviour using any available methods. You’re familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large insights systems that you may or may not own directly. You can easily balance the needs of the larger ecosystem of insights with the local goals of the tribe.
- You’ve worked on consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’ve a deep understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense and ability to help inform strategic business decisions.
- You’ve 5+ years of experience as a senior manager, with an established track record of hiring, growing and mentoring managers, individual contributors, and teams working across multiple business areas, and at least 10 years of experience in a similar data science, user research or combined insights roles. In specific, you’ve the competence to perform and coach team members in more advanced analytics, including performing analysis with large datasets, building statistical models and running experiments.
- You excel in advocating for your team and their accomplishments. You shine most at motivating others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You’re experienced with cross-functional leadership to the degree you can plan and collaborate with members of a leadership team that includes a variety of disciplines and backgrounds.
- You’re a fantastic storyteller and communicator. You’ve the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with teams and stakeholders at all levels.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.