We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product leader to join Spotify’s User Engagement group. Our goal is to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery. As Product Director, you will help multiple product teams find better ways to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users’ unique tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
What you’ll do
- Define and drive the vision for the suite of products, systems, services & APIs that comprise our Knowledge Graph. These systems are responsible for our understanding of music and other media, and our users and their behavior, to provide raw data and features & programming based on this knowledge.
- Bring expertise with analyzing and understanding organic behavior and actions, to improve and optimize our models and approaches of understanding users.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to expand our sources of data and knowledge, and identify new vectors to program innovative experiences.
- Build, maintain and expand our user-facing features that directly leverage our knowledge graph, including things like artist, label, and genre playlists & mixes, among others.
- Advocate and promote the incorporation of machine learning techniques and technologies to expand and improve on our core datasets.
- Manage, inspire, and grow the existing product organization and squads.
- Work from our Boston office, with frequent collaboration and travel to our NYC and Stockholm offices.
Who you are
- You have 10+ years experience managing and developing well-loved software products as a PM. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have 5+ years experience in managing Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams.
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and creatives alike.
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most, especially with expertise in large amounts of data.
- You have an understanding of and strong interest in musical and media data, and the systems and capabilities to construct & extend such systems.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organisation, and in a variety of contexts.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.