We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product leader to join Spotify’s User Engagement group. Our goal is to make every listening session more engaging through personalization and discovery; in this role, you’d help multiple product teams find better ways to combine our understanding of the world of music with our 100M+ users’ unique tastes and preferences, helping music fans listen for longer, find new artists they love, and come back to Spotify more often.
What you’ll do
- Work closely as part of a tight-knit team with your tech and design counterparts in the User Engagement group
- Lead the unified vision and roadmaps for Spotify’s flagship personalized experiences – including Discover Weekly, Daily Mix, and Release Radar – as well as explore new opportunities and personalization user needs
- Drive experimentation on—and improvements to—our recommendation/ML models and programming infrastructure, with a clear vision of how to measure quality as well as assess the potential impact of new capabilities
- Incorporate advances in research into product opportunities, and help guide research direction based on product roadmap
- Be the voice of the user at all times, and work hand-in-hand with our user research, data science, and editorial teams to continually identify, understand, and address underserved user populations and needs
- Manage, inspire, and grow our group’s existing product organization and squads
- Work from our NYC office (with frequent travel) to serve teams that span NYC, Boston, and Stockholm
Who you are
- You have substantial demonstrated experience managing and developing well-loved software products. You’ve had many experiences defining product roadmaps, building collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and shipping at scale.
- You have experience managing Product Managers and a portfolio of multiple products and teams
- You are a compelling storyteller with experience communicating concepts and ideas to engineers and non-engineers alike
- You have good instincts but match that with deep analytical thinking to focus on the things that matter most, especially with expertise in large amounts of data
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts
- You have a strong gut based on experience, but take a critical mind even to your own ideas and are ready to prove them wrong with data
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.