As the world’s largest audio streaming subscription service, Spotify Premium enables millions of creatives to make a living from their art by connecting them with the people who love it. Research & Development deep dives into user behaviour to create a more valuable and meaningful experience for subscribers. It’s here that you’ll grow our audience and our platform, working with many disciplines across many locations to build innovative and tech-powered product solutions.
Spotify is looking for a Product Director to join our Premium mission, in either London or Stockholm, and lead the product organization of our Commerce Tribe. The Commerce Tribe is responsible for the core commerce and payment platforms that are being built to serve the whole company, including new and emerging revenue streams, defining the future of our unified commerce platform and allowing for rapid scaling of new revenue streams as we rapidly expand access to users through payments capabilities on existing lines of business.
In this pivotal role, you take responsibility for developing end-to-end product vision, strategy and roadmaps for the commerce platform in collaboration with cross-functional partners across our business units. Building and leading a team of highly-talented Product Managers, from Associate through to Group Product Managers, you will have a direct impact on one of the world’s largest subscription-based payments platforms, helping us take this incredible business to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- You will be accountable for providing commerce capabilities such as product catalog, order management, subscription and payment services and fraud management solutions for Premium and other business units at Spotify.
- Building and developing a team, who in turn lead the product development of their respective full-stack teams
- Working in close collaboration with a Tech, Design and Product Insights counterparts to lead and evolve the Commerce area in Premium and the company
Who you are
- You’re highly capable of formulating bold and far-reaching product strategy, communicating it effectively to anyone in the organization — from the teams designing and building the products, through to senior leadership
- Understand that vision and strategy are important, but being able to dive in and connect that strategy to the details of tactics is essential
- Experience in building and supporting products and systems that ultimately serve consumers with paid offerings at scale, understanding how to serve multiple tenants with competing priorities
- Domain knowledge with online payments, marketplaces and the commerce space, ideally from both a product and tech perspective and how those commerce systems interact with accounting and financial domains in B2C and B2B models
- Experience working across a complex and evolving product set, using the latest techniques for product discovery and hypothesis-driven product development
- Deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching and leading diverse and high-performing teams of product managers, including senior managers, creating an inclusive space where people can learn and do the best work of their careers
- You have strong communication skills and can navigate an ever-evolving, matrixed organisation across multiple offices/time zones where priorities are often in competition
- Open to travel from time-to-time and capable of leading remote teams as optimally as those you work on-site with
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.