We are looking for Product Design Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer. You are someone who is passionate about developing strategies based off of insights of real people, is interested in mastering their craft to turn insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and aspires to inspire the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do:
- Work on design projects across the entire product lifecycle.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. You’ll contribute ideas to develop the right product strategy. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Produce concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who you are:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a bootcamp certification in Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field of study
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us and have some projects that you can tell us about.
The Intern Gig
Spotify is looking for enthusiastic students/recent graduates with a passion for music and an ambition to go far. This isn’t just any internship! Our paid internship program will give you the chance to gain in-depth knowledge of what it’s like to be a Spotify employee as well as get the opportunity to see the technology side of a fast growing company! Our summer internships will last for 10 weeks this summer and start in the beginning of June.
The deadline to apply is November 18th, 2018 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
- Late November, 2018 – Mid January, 2019: Application Review
- Mid December, 2018 – March, 2019: Interviews
- January, 2019 – April, 2019: Offers given out
- June, 2019: Intern program start
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.