Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
- Immersed into the Soundtrap product to be able to understand and improve the product quality, from the big picture to the smallest of details
- Together with the team develop, design and iterate visual and interactive features to improve engagement and feeling of delight for users
- Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Exploring new ideas and making them tangible through prototyping and visualization
- Able to deliver high quality designs and specifications in a timely manner
Who you are
- Strong ability to communicate the rationale and thought process behind ideas and solutions
- Experience working with multiple form factors – web, desktop, mobile apps etc.
- Strong sense for solving problems, and generating ideas around complex interactions with visual and audio feedback
- BA, MA, BS, MS in Design (Interaction, Graphic, Product etc.), Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent
- Experience in the crafts and methods of user interface design
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe, Invision, Origami, FramerJS or equivalent
- Working proficiency in English
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.