Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to work on Spotify’s internal marketing technology platform.
The core of Spotify’s business is our Free experience, providing ‘Music and Audio for Everyone’, and delivering an amazing experience that sets us apart globally.
With over 45 million users enjoying our free product, we’re off to a good start. Over the last few years, we’ve built out an exceptional team AND platform to support our users, marketing teams, and advertising partners. We see this as only the beginning and we are looking for the right person to join our team and create an experience that will push us into the future.
We are looking for an experienced designer to contribute to and partner with the technology and product teams on our key initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions. You’ll help lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Together with your cross-functional partners, you’ll help set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. You’ll help foster a shared understanding of the problem space by facilitating cross-functional workshops and group ideation sessions.
- Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- You have a user centered approach to problem solving and are always thinking outside of the box for creative solutions.
- Consider problems from multiple angles. You’ll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by a confluence of user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities. You work closely with your partners to realize these ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity while tailoring those outputs for a variety of stakeholders.
- You will work with the design team on developing and stewarding the long-term UX strategy for our internal tools to make design a natural part in the way we build products with the developer teams.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have 3-5 years experience delivering great design as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar. Experience designing SaaS platforms or ad-supported freemium experiences are big pluses.
- You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to make great things as a team.
- You enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching concepts to polishing interfaces.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You enjoy solving problems, big and small, glamorous and not, for all kinds of users. You are constantly looking to hone your executions through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You care about the impact of your work. You have experience tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its effectiveness.
- Your design craft is strong, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- You’re a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 230 million users.