We are looking for an experienced Product Designer for our Data Infrastructure tribe that can be the driving force in making world-class tools for Spotify’s data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders. You will make sure that our internal data tools, interfaces, and visualizations are coherent, easy and efficient to use, and that our customers — your peers at Spotify — can be productive in their daily work. You will be part of a team that builds and delivers on products used across the company, and also contribute to product design happening elsewhere in the tribe.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the design of complex internal applications that are rich with data and visualizations
- Perform internal user research to understand the needs of other Spotify employees
- Rapidly prototype ideas to validate them with real data and real users
- Work on an interdisciplinary team of engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers
- Collaborate with engineers to productionize your designs
Who you are
- You have 2–5 years of experience designing data-rich applications
- You have a passion for presenting data in accessible, accurate, actionable ways
- You love to create information-dense user interfaces for power users, with a deep understanding of user experience and interaction design
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to make great things as a team
- You enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching concepts to polishing interfaces
- You care about tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify the effectiveness of your work
- You have a portfolio that features your past design work on data-dense software or websites
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.