Spotify is reimagining the creator and consumer experience, partnering with artists, labels and publishers to help them better understand and engage their fanbase. Join us in the Creator Marketplace team, and you won’t just organise the world’s audio so that it is safer, instant and more intelligent. Or create the commercial models that help artists thrive. You’ll be at the centre of Spotify’s mission to bring artists and their fans closer together through unique content.
We are looking for a designer to partner with a cross-functional team to work on some of our key creator audience building and artist promotion initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing solutions based off of the insights of real people, has the mastery of their craft to turn these insights into beautifully designed products (both interactions and visuals) and inspires the organization by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. It will help to have a passion for music and interest in how artists build audiences and engage their fans in the streaming era.
What You’ll Do
- Design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and business folks to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
Who You Are
- You have at least 3+ years of experience working in a product focused company.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts, tweaking flows or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You’re a phenomenal communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You have a people-focused design attitude. Even though you have incredible chops, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role while highlighting your portfolio.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.