We are looking for a Product Designer to work on our Ad Experience product team.
You’ll join a cross-functional group working on some key efforts, looking critically at how advertising and content promotion fits into our free listening experience from a user-centered perspective. We are looking for someone passionate about creating beautifully designed products to address opportunities informed by human-forward insights and data. Together, we’ll look holistically at how we continue bringing people the content they want while making our Free experience smarter, contextually appropriate, and relevant – while introducing all-new ways to engage.
We’re looking for someone skeptical (even critical!) of advertising, promoted content and the current landscape of freemium business models. We want someone who sees this intersection of advertising and content as an exciting problem space – how does advertising slot into, augment, deliver or enable great free listening experiences? How do we deliver valuable, understandable experiences that provide real listener value in the context of Spotify? How do we balance what’s good for business with the need to champion, empower and protect our listeners? Do you want to be an agent of positive change? This is an opportunity to inject the perspective of our users into a space that’s typically brushed them aside.
What you’ll do
- You’ll work with designers, researchers, product managers and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions. You’ll help lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Together with your cross-functional partners, you’ll help set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate. You’ll help foster a shared understanding of the problem space by facilitating cross-functional workshops and group ideation sessions.
- Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. You love thinking big, and at the same time, you know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Play in emerging, non-visual spaces like audio interfaces and voice UX design, introducing new ways for our users to engage with ads and promoted content. You’ll explore how these experiences span different user types, contexts, situations and devices.
- Consider problems from multiple angles. You’ll produce an array of divergent approaches informed by a confluence of user needs, business objectives and technical capabilities. You work closely with your partners to realize these ideas with the appropriate level of detail and fidelity while tailoring those outputs for a variety of stakeholders.
Who you are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have 3-5 years experience delivering great design as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar. Experience designing conversational experiences (chatbots, voice UX), non-visual audio-driven interfaces, or ad-supported freemium experiences are big pluses.
- You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to make great things as a team.
- You enjoy all stages of app design, from sketching concepts to polishing interfaces.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You enjoy solving problems, big and small, glamorous and not, for all kinds of users. You are constantly looking to hone your executions through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You care about the impact of your work. You have experience tracking usage of the things you build, and using the data collected to verify its effectiveness.
- Your design craft is strong, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- You’re a fantastic team player, communicator and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.