We are looking for an experienced design lead to join our Platform & Partner Experience team who are tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for the design leadership of Spotify’s Cross Platform Experiences
- Collaborate closely with your product, insights and tech counterparts to shape solutions that delight our users.
- Hire and grow the craft of talented designers for your product area and across Spotify.
- You’ll take full design ownership of your product area, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, including how the work your team contributes to an overarching and holistic user experience.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience leading design teams at consumer-focused companies or design agencies.
- You have practical management experience with designers in agile product development environment, and you are able to foster and grow the culture in cross-functional teams through advocacy.
- You’re happy to travel the world to collaborate with our international teams and can be flexible with your working hours.
- You are a leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller.
- You are people-focused and have the right balance of gut, pragmatic intuition and a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through a variety of inputs – including trend analysis, benchmarks, user feedback and data insight.
- You are hungry to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends — you never stop pushing into the next big challenge and fit right in to our growth-focused culture.
- You thrive in coaching teams to balance short term needs while keeping an eye on and contributing to long term strategic goals.
- You are comfortable with balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your Spotify Consumer Mission.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting a portfolio of work that represents who you are as a designer and leader. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.