At Spotify, we’ve connected millions of people to their favourite songs and created a service that people use to discover and enjoy music they love. We are always on the lookout for new talents to help us achieve our mission. Are you our next band member? We are looking for a new Privacy Counsel to become part or our Business and Legal Affairs team.
In this role you will counsel and provide legal support to all our teams globally, with a focus on our Research and Development (R&D) teams in Sweden, the UK and the US. The job will entail getting deeply involved in ensuring that Spotify’s offerings are designed, built and maintained in a way that complies with applicable data privacy obligations around the world. Our objective is always to fulfill our legal obligations properly, and we recognize that we can distinguish ourselves by achieving that goal in the smartest and most sensible way. At Spotify you will become a part of a passionate team.
We believe that you are passionate about privacy matters and comfortable with counseling business partners and engineers and making decisions that have both legal and business impact. You have an intuitive understanding of the need to balance excellent legal compliance with a practical approach needed in a fast-moving, highly data informed digital organization. To understand and interact with the highest levels of the organization while having a command of the technical details and requirements of privacy is something you would feel comfortable with.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with teams across Spotify to develop and improve a global privacy program and governance structure consistent with relevant laws and regulations.
- Draft, implement and communicate policies, processes and templates related to Spotify’s privacy practices.
- Offer strategic advice to leadership and teams around privacy implications of using personal data, primarily around product and technology enhancements as well as guidance on ways to minimize privacy risks
- Advocate the importance of privacy and conduct training and awareness raising exercises
- Act as escalation point for other in-house counsels on all kinds of privacy matters
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to respond to requests from regulators, law enforcement and customers
Who you are:
- Law Degree (or equivalent) from credible law school
- Extensive experience working in a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Experience in big data/ technology sector is considered a definite advantage
- Documented ability to deliver clear, practical and pragmatic advice
- Ability to make risk-based commercial decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in English essential, other languages are a plus
- The position will be based in Stockholm or London
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.