The Spotify platform exists to provide an invaluable experience for all types of users, including fans with a passion for music, and creators who strive and dream to live off their art. The User Fraud product area is mandated to ensure trust and reliability for our users on the platform, and to maintain a level of transparency into how users leverage Spotify, as a fan or an artist. The team takes pride in protecting against fraudulent behavior, from discovery to detection to prevention.
As a Principal Product Manager for User Fraud, you will be at an exciting cross section of various product work-streams including technology, market research, data science, policies and metrics. You will have full responsibility for developing features, platforms, models and capabilities to proactively identify sources of and patterns of fraud, and minimize the company’s total exposure to financial and reputational risk. You will partner with technology teams and stakeholders to develop and execute a long-term vision that will establish Spotify, its systems and capabilities as an industry leader in fraud management, detection and mitigation. You will be the leader for multiple cross-functional teams to deliver the latest fraud and risk solutions across multiple business and product areas.
What you’ll do
- Evolve and implement the user fraud product offering together with a team of skilled engineers, product managers and agile coaches.
- Drive the long term strategic product and technology vision for Fraud detection and analysis at Spotify.
- Develop and execute a customer-focused product roadmap in close collaboration with senior leadership, security, internal audit, legal, analytics, design and engineering.
- Translate customer needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and deep understanding of the fraud landscape
- Guide and interface closely with data analysis and engineering teams to define scope, review and refine technical capabilities, prioritize projects for release, and define new opportunities
- Oversee the design, development and management of real-time systems to combat systematic fraud, etc.
- You will act as the natural bridge between technology and business and you move freely between security & compliance, engineering, legal and our financial teams.
- You will drive the necessary internal stakeholder and partner engagements to ensure the delivery and evolution of our user fraud related product portfolio.
- Running an agile team, drive the product development process to discover and deliver a product solution to the business need that is valuable, usable and feasible.
Who you are
- Experience in building platform products to scale
- 5+ years of experience in fraud prevention across payment, ecommerce, retail, digital media or financial services industries
- Passionate and technically adept to drive innovation in Risk and Fraud space
- Possess excellent leadership, organisational, communication and relationship building skills.
- An analytical person with experience using a data-driven approach to problem solving, experienced in metrics focused product management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present complex business and technical issues to a wide range of audiences (including C-Level leadership)
- Experienced with agile development methodology.
- Experience in end to end ownership of a product and P&L
- Experience managing complex products with highly technical solutions
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 10+ years product management
- Experience leading fraud prevention products
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.