We are looking for a principal engineer with Machine Learning and Data Processing experience to join our Data Mission in New York. Our organization strives to make Spotify Data-First through building platforms and data that serves pretty much all of our business. In this role, you will be driving much of the architectural vision for our predictive platforms and technical data strategy across R&D and you are able to provide technical excellence and direction for teams implementing said strategy.
This individual contributor will not permanently be on a squad, but might embed at times. This engineer will report to the Data Tribe Lead.
What we’re looking for:
- Professional experience designing, building and operating machine learning systems at large-scale i.e. affecting petabytes of data
- Java and Python experience strongly preferred
- A great influencer and great communication skills
- Demonstrable in-depth experience with Machine Learning models
- Understanding of data processing at scale
- A role-model for our engineering team
- 10+ years experience in (data) engineering and machine learning
- Being able to work with multiple teams inside and outside of Data Mission to steward a technical vision for our prediction platform
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- The ability to translate an abstract vision into concrete systems
Who you are:
- You are passionate about developing platforms that are used by hundreds of analysts, data scientists and developers
- You enjoy getting into the weeds, for example diving deep into the implementation of Machine Learning models
- You have familiarity with engineering practices like continuous integration and delivery philosophies
- You have supported production grade systems and have experience with open source and proprietary offerings in the ML space
- You like sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow
- You have experience in an agile environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.