At Spotify, we are reinventing the music industry by changing how people consume and pay for music. We are looking for a top performer with a background in driving customer loyalty to join our band as Premium Retention Strategy Manager. You will work in the Retention team and with key stakeholders across Spotify responsible for developing and implementing our Premium Retention strategy.
Join the world’s fastest growing online subscription business in a high-impact role where you will put a personal mark on the success of Spotify by delivering even faster subscriber growth and thereby positively impacting the future of the music industry. We believe that everyone should enjoy their job, so we live by a work hard, play hard ethos. Spotify really is the positive, fun, energetic work environment you’ve always wanted to be part of!
What you’ll do
- Uncover what motivates Premium users to stay on Premium across the user’s lifecycle, guided by data-driven insights, relevant A/B-tests and qualitative and quantitative user research studies
- Develop a Retention strategy for our suite of Premium propositions to accelerate retention and reach quarterly and yearly subscriber and revenue targets
- Help articulate the Premium Retention vision and strategy to our partners in Premium business and R&D
- Collaborate with R&D to shape the future of Premium in our app and web
- Work with your peers in Premium Business to assemble business cases supporting and rationalizing our team’s R&D needs. This includes requirements for various marketing tools as well as customer facing functionality in-app that will help drive Premium Retention, Loyalty and Advocacy.
- When needed, build compelling business cases to rally internal teams and convince stakeholders of your proposed strategy. You’re able to build financial models, using SAC, LTV, retention and other relevant metrics to prove your case.
- The role is based in our Stockholm office and requires travel to our office in New York and other company locations. You will report to the Senior Manager Premium Retention.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience both from a business ownership and analytical environment where you use data insights to drive strategic approach and subsequent tactical testing. Experience in a streaming/subscription/Loyalty/Reward program business is a plus.
- You have a proven track record of driving customer retention and can point to specific examples of strategies and initiatives
- You are skilled at leading and executing complex projects spanning multiple stakeholders, and know how to get things done in a larger organisation where you are not always in direct control of all the resources and competencies to get the job done
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You can navigate both the business and product domain and understand the intricacies and complexities in bringing product solutions to market
- You speak English fluently, more languages and international experience is a plus
- You hold a degree from a respected business school, MBA is a plus
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.