We’re the Markets Business Unit, a truly cross-functional team focused on finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be. We work collaboratively, combining marketing, insights, product development, design and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
Spotify is looking for a passionate podcast producer/editor to join our Southeast Asia team based in Singapore and focused on Philippines. As Editor you will define and execute Spotify’s podcast programming strategy. As Producer, you’ll guide our content license partners. You will also identify, ideate and create engaging original audio content and manage the production process. You will work cross functionally to drive podcast growth and discovery on, and off, platform.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborative and able to work cross functionally
- Manage creative and content while being adept in dealing with logistics and planning
- Stellar skills in creating strategic plans and presenting your ideas in a compelling way
- Excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from data
- A real passion for quality content
- A strong command of the broader digital landscape and an interest in keeping up to date with developments in web and mobile platforms and applications
- A passion for podcasts and other audio content
- A passionate pundit of music, podcasts, TV, film and pop culture
- Ability to influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Strong understanding of how to develop and manage budgets, invoicing, vendor setup and expense reporting
- Comfortable liaising with high-profile talent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
- Finally, you’re a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude
Who You Are
- You have a creative and production background in radio, podcasts, video, digital or film OR have experience as a content/editorial lead in media or digital media
- Equally adept at managing creative/content while handling commercial/administrative tasks
- At least 8 years experience with excellent spoken and written Filipino and English
- As an Editor, you are to curate playlists of podcast content based around different uses and genres
- To build and manage a content calendar
- Develop and execute creative, quantifiable programming campaigns
- Collect, analyze and report relevant performance metrics and convert these metrics into compelling marketing stories.
- As a Producer, you are give timely and relevant advice to key podcasters to help them achieve best in class quality
- You have to identify potential production partners and build ongoing network of partners to grow production supply base
- Commission and keep productions creatively and logistically on track
- Drive the necessary admin tasks associated with production commissions (budgets, financial reporting, contracts, vendor on-boarding)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.