Spotify is looking for a dynamic and creative professional to join the team as the Comedy Podcast Producer. Under the Comedy Lead in the Studios organization, this role will serve as the producer for all elements of pre-production, production, and distribution of Spotify’s internal Comedy-focused podcasts. This includes managing and producing content for publication on all platforms as well as all aspects of audio production.
You will be part of a team focused on developing a diverse slate of original comedy podcast programming. The role will be based in Los Angeles.
What you’ll do:
- Help conceive and launch new shows
- Track pitch materials from talent and agency submissions
- Talent scout at comedy clubs, theaters, and festivals
- Manage the production schedule for new shows including story selection, writing scripts, recording the host, sponsorship spots, and in-house announcements
- Provide ongoing feedback to help talent reach their full potential
- Communicate regularly and in a timely manner with podcast hosts, story directors, and storytellers throughout the production process
- Contribute fresh ideas to keep content exciting and innovative, including the suggestion of themes, stories, and content for upcoming episodes
- Collaborate with the Executive Producer to plan the arc of podcast seasons
- Develop new ideas for current podcasts and brainstorm ideas for special episodes
- Help build and shape an expanding portfolio of podcasts within our team
- Work on all aspects of audio production: scheduling, recording, assembling, mixing, and publication of episodes, including recording interviews in the field and at events when necessary
- Responsible for the final check of internally created podcasts and publishing as each episode goes live on platforms
Who you are:
- At least 3-4 years related work experience
- Embedded in the comedy community with familiarity of talent reps and industry players
- Proficiency with ProTools and Hindenburg
- Proficiency with presentation decks and data pulls
- Ability to maintain high attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Experience recording in a studio setting, as well as in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure, and an ease with people from different cultural and educational backgrounds
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.