Spotify-owned company Anchor is looking for a content partnerships consultant to help us with our mission of creating and acquiring distinctive audio podcast content that celebrates the stories and lives of the people in Indonesia.
Anchor is aimed at democratizing audio. With the tap of a button, we enable anyone in the world to create compelling, high quality audio and instantly be heard anywhere (on our platform, on the web, in podcast players, on smart speakers, in cars, and much more coming soon). Search for us online and you’ll find people commenting on the innovative, intuitive improvements we’ve been regularly bringing to the world of audio. In short, we are doing very cool things, and we’d love your help to do cool things better and faster!
Based in Jakarta, as a Podcast Partnerships Manager (a contract position), your goal will be to get as many high quality creators as possible to make/distribute their audio on Anchor. You will use your existing network, and create new relationships, to attract creators, influencers, editorial publishers, celebrities, athletes, musicians, actors, journalists, politicians, and brands, forging long-term creative partnerships and helping them produce amazing audio using Anchor. You’ll get to work alongside a cross-functional team of engineering, product, content, and community team members. This is a unique opportunity to help build out a premium creator network for a consumer-facing and product-driven company with a fast growing business and footprint in Indonesia.
What you’ll do
- Help devise and manage Spotify/Anchor’s content partnerships strategy in Indonesia
- Attract and build partnerships with creators, influencers, editorial publishers, and brands
- Manage and creatively leverage Anchor’s existing network and partnerships
- Negotiate and secure creative deals with individuals and brands
- Work closely with product team to inspire features that improve partnerships
Who you are
- A sense of humour
- Experience building decks, pitching to potential partners, and effectively managing a large number of partners/accounts
- Experience building and executing against a pipeline of targets
- Existing network of creators, influencers, and brands, ideally in one or more creative industries
- Ability to come up with creative concepts built around a specific brand or idea
- Ability to talk to anyone and sell anyone on anything
- Excellent communication and organization
- Persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything, and to pivot quickly as needed
- Proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Strong interest in podcasts, radio, or audio in general (bonus points if you have made your own podcast, been on the radio, or otherwise successfully created original audio content)
- Ideally, background in entertainment or agency industries