We are seeking a People Experience (Px) Specialist to work at Spotify’s HR department within the Px team.
The Px team is focused on running initiatives that showcase our employer brand, differentiate Spotify as a workplace, and enable Spotifiers to feel included and excited about life at Spotify.
Employee social events will be a central focus of this role and should be executed via a cross-section of initiatives like in-office music sessions, employee fitness & health activities, the Spotify Plus programs, music lessons and much more.
In addition, Px drives many projects to provide, foster and showcase our unique employer brand. This includes supporting and coaching other Spotify teams to look at things through an employer branding lens, therefore, this role will also incorporate some local coordination and education tasks to contribute and provide alignment on these projects.
The successful candidate will be tasked with working on a team that delivers engaging events and activities for Spotify employees that:
- Bring employees together
- Ensure music is a part of everyday life at Spotify
- Create opportunities for improving fitness & health of employees
- Support Spotifiers with families
What you’ll do
- Plan, implement and coordinate internal events and activities for LA’s Spotify employees
- Bring people together by driving engagement opportunities in LA’s Spotify office
- Create communications for our internal channels to promote social events
- Manage budget for social events and activities in the LA office
- Develop music-related activities and programs for Spotifiers in the LA office
- Collaborate with the Spotify Live Events team to host in-office events for employees
- Partner with other Px team members to contribute content that delivers on the objectives set out in our social media strategy
- Project manage a program of Spotify Plus (for relocated Spotifiers and their families) events for the LA office
- Work closely with our facilities management team to collaborate on the way that Px spaces are managed
- Develop and guide a volunteer social events committee in the planning of internal events and activities in LA, making sure all initiatives are in line with our employer branding strategy, and that the volunteers get the support needed (sometimes hands-on expertise)
- Negotiate, gather and promote discounts for Spotifiers in LA
- Coordinate Spotify’s fitness & health programs in LA
- Coordinate branded merchandise for HR purposes in LA
- Be the go-to Px team member for LA supplier relations (ensuring the suppliers have the correct agreements and are set up within our payment systems)
- You will be based in the LA office with a manager in New York
Who you are
- An events expert with experience in planning and producing both small events and events with up to 300 attendees, solving unforeseen situations as they arise in a calm manner
- Ability to work in close coordination and collaborate with the rest of the HR department, other departments and build relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals across the organization
- Experience working with music industry professionals and comfortable with artist liaison
- Practiced in managing event agencies and used to working with external partners as an extension of an internal team
- Highly social, friendly and playful, with a can-do attitude, high energy levels and the ability to innovate and work creatively
- Good level of written and spoken English and experience in communications
- Ability to work with a manager and team members based in other offices
- Willing to work at events (evenings and weekends are required)
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized
- Willingness to travel occasionally
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.