We are seeking a People Experience (Px) Events Specialist to work at Spotify’s HR department within the Px team.
The Px team is focused on running initiatives that showcase our employer brand, differentiate Spotify as a workplace, and enable Spotifiers to feel included and excited about life at Spotify.
The team executes activities via a cross-section of channels like events, office sessions, employee health & well-being initiatives, the Spotify Plus & SpotiKids programs, and social media as well as managing a social lead program of smaller offices within their region. Px collaborates with, and supports, many other Spotify teams tweaking approaches and processes by looking at projects and tasks through an employer branding lens.
The successful candidate will be tasked with working on a team focusing on three main pillars of initiatives that delivers engaging events and activities for Spotify employees that:
- Bring employees together
- Ensure music is a part of everyday life at Spotify
- Support Spotifiers with families
In addition to the main pillars that we categorize our initiatives by, the successful candidate will support the implementation of our global programs such as Fitness & Health and Social Leads.
At each of our offices we create opportunities for improving health and well-being of employees that are inline with a larger global strategy.
Additionally, at all of our smaller worldwide offices or those without a Px Specialist onsite, we run a “Social Lead” program. In an effort to maintain a global culture, Social Leads are empowered to create similar experiences to those at offices with a full Px program for the Spotifiers in their office, on a smaller scale. The successful candidate work to support the Social Leads in their region through program ideation and guidance and budget. The Social Leads program is part of a larger global strategy that is managed by the Px Global Programs specialist in Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Plan, implement and coordinate internal events and activities for Singapore Spotify employees (Bringing People Together)
- Develop music-related activities and programs for Spotifiers in the Singapore office (Making music part of everyday life)
- Creating events and initiatives that Spotifiers are able to and excited to share with their family and friends – specifically focused on relocated Spotifiers and their families (Spotify Plus)
- Act as “feet on the ground” to implement initiatives that sit within our Global Program strategies (Fitness & Health, Music Lessons, etc.)
- Act as the main point of contact and support for the region’s Social Leads.
Operationally / background functional work:
- Develop and guide a volunteer social events committee in the planning of internal events and activities in Singapore, making sure all initiatives are in line with our employer branding strategy, and that the volunteers get the support needed (sometimes hands-on expertise)
- Manage budget for social events and activities in the Singapore offices
- Create content for communications for our internal channels to promote social events.
- Work closely with our Px Planning & Special Projects team who work with the Global Workplace Services (facilities) team to collaborate on the way that Px spaces are used
- Coordinate branded merchandise for HR purposes in Singapore/J-PAC
- Partner with other culture team members to create a timeline of content that delivers on the objectives set out in our social media strategy from and events perspective (the events part in our EVP)!
- Work with the coordinator (who is the go-to person) for supplier relations as well as establish a good network of local vendors and resources.
- Establish and maintain a system for the in-office bar/events.
- Negotiate, gather and promote discounts for Spotifiers in the Singapore office
Who you are
- An events expert with experience in planning and producing both small- and large-scale events, solving unforeseen situations as they arise in a calm manner
- A background or knowledge of employee engagement or employer branding strategies.
- Ability to work in close coordination and collaborate with the rest of the HR department, other departments and build relationships and trust with a broad range of individuals across the organisation.
- Practiced in managing event agencies and used to working with external partners as an extension of an internal team
- Highly social, friendly and playful, with a can-do attitude, high energy levels and the ability to innovate and work creatively
- Good level of written and spoken English and experience in communications
- Ability to work with a manager and team members based in other offices
- Willing to work at events (evenings and weekends are required)
- Keen attention to detail and highly organised
- Willingness to travel occasionally
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.