We’re looking for a rockstar to join the band! More specifically, a research lead to enhance the vision, strategy, and execution of Spotify’s Ad business through groundbreaking global research and insights. This role will be an integral part of the Advertiser Research & Measurement team and overall Marketing Sciences organization – blending primary research and 1st party platform data to demonstrate our value proposition to agencies and brands, inform our teams how they can better reach marketers, and elevate industry intelligence to drive smarter business decisions. This role will report directly to the Global Head, Advertiser Research & Measurement.
What you’ll do
- Lead all custom primary research and user insights for advertising clients, agencies, and partners.
- Conduct innovative research, work directly with our platform data, and leverage syndicated & 3rd-party insights to give a unique view into how Spotify understands people through music and the value to our partners. Develop, build, and execute unique blended methodologies to answer the “why” behind the data.
- Conduct research to inform how our global Marketing and Sales teams drive business outcomes with marketers, agencies, brands, and partners.
- Partner closely with Marketing and Sales to develop and deliver insights-fueled narratives that are compelling, disruptive, and influential – reinforcing Spotify as a curator of actionable, business-critical learnings.
- Collaborate and innovate with your peers in the Measurement, Thought Leadership, and Consumer Insights areas.
- Manage one analyst (initially) to guide them in contributing to the team vision and goals.
- Manage consultants, contractors, vendors, and syndicated services.
- Be an internal source of expertise and excellence on research and insights.
Who you are
- A data-driven storyteller that’s passionate about pushing the boundaries of research to elevate partner/industry/company intelligence, and strives to inspire action through insights.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing, industries. At least 6 of those years in a primary research-oriented function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field of study.
- Expert knowledge and proven application of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives and methodologies to solve business objectives, including: survey writing/development and execution, segmentation, advertising effectiveness, panel research, ethnography, focus groups, brand tracking, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Experience working with 1st party data and strong analytical skills required – including data querying (SQL), Excel, SPSS, Qualtrics/Decipher, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with syndicated tools such as comScore, TGI, GWI, MRI, Simmons, eMarketer, etc.,
- Experience in owning custom primary and vendor research projects from beginning to end: methodology development, vendor selection, hands-on analysis, global project management, content creation, etc.
- Proven master-level ability to weave primary quantitative/qualitative research, syndicated/3rd party research, and platform behavioral data together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance
- Communicative personality who is capable of building strong relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders, and can explain complex topics in simple terms
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging, and able to bring your stories to life.
- Inherently curious and strategic thinker that can see unexpected connections and “join the dots.”
- You have a strong knowledge of the digital marketing/advertising ecosystem
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Word, and Excel a must
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.