Delighting users while fairly compensating content creators is at the core of Spotify’s mission. To accomplish our mission we are constantly striving to more efficiently monetize our products.
Spotify seeks an Operations Manager to help us grow, organize, and nurture the team working in this area. You will play an active role in shaping the new music economy. Our organization of engineers, designers, and product insights team & product managers are located in New York.
If you enjoy fast-paced high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll act as the team’s chief operator responsible for the daily operation of large teams up to 125+ employees total
- You’ll own the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams connect with our objectives
- You’ll ensure the team rhythm is clear and maintains a healthy cadence
- You’ll partner with our talent acquisition partner to sync the hiring and onboarding processes for new team members
- You’ll ensure smooth and effective onboarding of new members to the team both external and internal hires
- You’ll support all needs around work environment including team member work space & tools
- You’ll assist with social & event planning including: scheduling, booking, ordering, set-up and facilitation when needed
- You’ll partner with agile coaches to provide specific program-level leadership support when needed, and help us grow that expertise in the team over time
- You’ll work closely with leads in every functional area to champion continuous improvement and the learning culture of the organization.
- You’ll assist teams in discovery and evangelism of best practices in operational process
- You’ll support the team when needed for training & learning opportunities for the team
- You’ll be based in New York and with potential travel up to 10%
- You’ll embrace our culture and find the delicate balance of order and chaos
Who you are
- You have lead operations or project management or organizations effectively
- You have the ability to exercise good judgment and decision-making abilities
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to tackle and solve new and complex problems and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- You have project management skills: 7+ years of experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, lead multiple priorities and deliver on-time results
- You have the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry
- You have confirmed experience running highly effective teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You understand what agile is all about
- You are very organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are anxious to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You make those around you successful
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.