We are looking for a passionate Operations & Support Lead to join our fraud product area. Our mission is to accelerate Spotify’s growth with a trusted platform that provides insights and data to our partners. The work we do to detect, prevent, and mitigate unwanted behavior on our platform is a key component of our ambitious goals.
This position will report to the Product Area Engineering Director and can be based in Stockholm or New York, with the opportunity to travel to other R&D offices.
You will lead a team of support and operations analysts whose responsibilities are to coordinate and implement areas of an overall anti-fraud strategy. You and the team will work directly with a diverse group of data scientists and fraud researchers to solve some of the most advanced and important data driven problems we face. You will serve as the primary internal resource for responding to escalated and emergent support needs, optimizing our internal escalation processes, and building trust and rapport with the partner teams that rely on us and our work (e.g. Legal, Finance, Content, Creator Services, Artist and Label Marketing, Internal Audit, Technology and Product teams). Your team will also play a pivotal role in ensuring that new workstreams can be safely integrated and scaled — piloting new features and processes around case management and resolution, and relaying insights to different stakeholder teams and partners.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of 5+ cross-discipline data and operational support analysts, supporting with mentorship and directional leadership.
- Assess the efficiency of fraud detection, validation and enforcement processes and workflows
- Evaluate current and potential financial impacts to the company
- Create and adopt an overall strategic plan aimed at and designed to efficiently combat fraudulent streaming
- Evaluate case management products and solutions
- Respond quickly and effectively to emergent issues and internal escalations, using baseline KPIs to measure effectiveness.
- Leading the implementation of the strategic plan and ensuring subsequent continuous maintenance and development of the anti-fraud strategy
- Work and collaborate cross functionally with other internal teams such as Legal, Technology, Content and Finance to fulfill and implement the strategy
- Partner with our engineering team to build features and internal tools that prevent and reduce fraudulent behaviour
- Assessing the efficiency of the enforcement processes including an assessment of the current and potential financial impact and the available options from a Technical and Legal perspective
- Position yourself and your team as a trusted internal resource for product knowledge and problem-solving, while also setting clear and realistic expectations for what your team can and can’t do.
- You appreciate the value of using data and visualization to help tell a story, make decisions and inform partners and stakeholders
Who you are
- You are a strong and empathetic communicator who can defuse escalated situations and assure partners and colleagues that we’ve got their backs.
- You set the tone for your team by being proactive and vocal when you see opportunities for improvement; you aren’t just a solution provider, you’re a solution proposer, and you build those muscles within your team.
- You are detail-oriented with a knack for understanding priorities and focus areas.
- You set clear performance expectations for your direct reports and have real, transparent conversations with them about how they’re doing.
- You aren’t afraid to try new things that may fail.
- You take pride in nurturing, developing, and stretching your direct reports. You view their growth and success as an index of your success as a leader.
- You are highly organized with an operational efficiency mindset, while also showing interest in the broader vision for our fraud processes.
- You inspire your team by providing context for how their day-to-day work fits into that broader vision.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.