Do you have a passion for making thing happen? Do people comment that “things just work” when you’re around? Are others drawn to your energy and view you as an information radiator? Spotify seeks an Operations Manager to help us grow, organize, and nurture the team working toward the mission of helping a million creators live off their work! Our organization of engineers, designers, insights experts, content operations professionals & product managers are located globally, with main hubs in Stockholm, London and New York. You’ll report to the head of creator marketplace operations in NY and help drive global initiatives.
If you love dynamic, high-energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams and have a track record of successfully building digital businesses, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do
- You’ll spearhead social & event planning geared toward increasing alignment, innovation, and a healthy culture to include programming, coordination, and facilitation of those events.
- You’ll partner with the Creator Marketplace leadership team to drive cross-mission initiatives that will help us in our goal to make Creator Marketplace the best place to work.
- You’ll partner with agile coaches and program managers to provide specific program-level leadership support when needed, and help us grow that expertise in the team over time
- You’ll help ensure our mission communication is clear and consistent across touchpoints
- You’ll partner with others across the mission to sync the hiring and onboarding processes for new team members and ensure smooth and effective onboarding of new members to the team, both external and internal
- You’ll support the team in training & learning opportunities by partnering with our Greenhouse Learning Team and the Content BU operations team in finding, programming, and booking/facilitating courses that meet the needs of the team
- You’ll support all needs around work environment including team member work space & tools
- You’ll be a go-to partner for teams that need a facilitator to workshop their ideas
Who you are
- You are an expert facilitator, able to bring diverse groups together to achieve a defined outcome
- You take pride in clear communications and love to craft messages that resonate with your audience
- You have a history of successful operations or project management, preferably working in an agile environment
- You exercise good judgment and have excellent decision-making abilities, requiring little oversight
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, ready to tackle and solve new and complex problems and comfort working in ambiguous environments
- You have project management skills: 5+ years of experience with ability to work independently and initiate activities, set priorities, lead multiple priorities and deliver on-time results
- You have the ability to collaborate with management and others in the company
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You understand what agile development is all about
- You are very organized, even when you’re not in control
- You are excited to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.