We are looking for a highly motivated Operations Manager to help us grow, organize, and nurture our Creator Services organization. The ideal candidate would play an active role in shaping the new music economy by helping develop our organization’s strategic roadmap and build the operational foundations necessary to achieve our strategic objectives. The role will be based in Los Angeles.
If you enjoy fast-paced high energy environments, thrive in collaborative and passionate teams, love music, and have a track record of driving success within a digital business through operational effectiveness, this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll act as a chief operator, responsible for both the day-to-day operations and operational cadence of the Creator Services organization
- You’ll craft the internal communications strategy for the team, and find creative ways to help our teams align on and drive our objectives
- You’ll ensure the Creator Services operating model is clear and lightweight, helping drive and not distract from our business objectives
- You’ll ensure smooth and effective onboarding of new members to the team
- You’ll engage with teams to provide specific project and program-level leadership support when needed, and help us grow that expertise in the team over time
- You’ll work closely with the Creator Services leads to champion continuous operational improvement and learning culture within the organization
- You’ll be based in Los Angeles and may be asked to travel to other company locations ~2-3 weeks a quarter
- You’ll embrace our culture and find a delicate balance between order and chaos
Who you are:
- You have proven experience running highly effective operations teams that deliver with speed and efficiency and have fun while doing it
- You have a robust understanding of the history of the digital music industry and a strong grasp of where the industry is headed
- You understand the functions of the digital music industry, its various constituents and how to operate within it
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver with the ability to transform goals into actionable plans
- You have solid experience with strategic planning and operating model design with the ability to observe, examine, and refine systems and processes and you are familiar with different strategic planning methods OKRs (Google), Fitness Functions (Amazon), and SAFe/Pull-Planning (Lego), GIST, etc.
- You are comfortable making decisions and exercising sound judgment when confronted with many varying opinions
- You ideally have 5+ years of experience in operations or program management, possessing the ability to initiate activities, set priorities, delegate and deliver on-time results, deferring to subject-matter experts across the company when applicable
- You are a strong communicator and are comfortable engaging with top management
- You are eager to learn and grow, and to help others do the same
- You place much importance on making those around you successful
- We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.<span
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.