Spotify is now looking for a leader for the team managing the IT and Security infrastructure office build projects connected to Spotify’s growth in new and existing markets. Your team will be instrumental in enabling Spotify’s ability to grow by securing the delivery of projects on time, within budget and with a high quality.
You will be responsible for working together with Director of Real Estate Leasing to secure the collaboration between the Global Workplace Services organization and IT as well as ensuring the infrastructure projects are properly staffed and delivered.
In addition to your responsibility of supporting the team in their deliveries, you are responsible for the continuous development of our standard shared way of working with the IT and Security departments in collaboration with Global Workplace Services.
What you’ll do
- You will serve a group of project managers and security experts through hiring, coaching, mentoring, career development, and, when needed, hands-on project management
- You will support those project managers and security experts in delivering on the office build projects that are initiated in order to accommodate the rapid growth of Spotify
- You will provide mentorship in project management topics including scoping, resource planning, budgeting, risk management
- You will work closely with Spotify Real Estate Leasing team to secure capacity planning within your team as well as within the IT and Security departments making sure we have the availability to delivery on all proposed projects without compromising quality
- You will be managing stakeholders, supporting project managers during contract negotiation, reporting and acting as the point of escalation for your team
- You will develop and maintain standardized processes and templates for your team’s processes
- You will be aligning best practices with the Business Unit PMO
- You will drive continuous improvement during projects and ensure insights are collected, shared and integrated into future work
- You will work from our office in New York
Who you are
- You have a strong background in project management and a consistent track record of being a fast learner being able to quickly understand and influence new environments
- You have experience giving hands-on empathetic leadership, whether formally or informally (e.g., mentoring), to individuals managing projects
- You have an understanding of network, AV and security infrastructure and preferably an understanding of the construction process in real estate development
- You are knowledgeable about agile project management and can see the benefits from an agile working model
- You are an excellent communicator and you are comfortable being a non-hierarchal leader
- You understand the importance of being a true teammate
- You thrive when developing great people, not just delivering projects
- You want to make a global impact and believe music improves lives
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.