Music for everyone, no credit card needed. It’s a promise our platform was built on. And here in the Free team, we’re still building on it. We work on a massive scale, bringing people from all kinds of disciplines and all parts of the business together to deliver an amazing freemium experience to more than 129 million users worldwide. Want to help shape the future of free? Here’s how.
The Global Trading team at Spotify is driving new and innovative commercial and strategic partnerships that redefines and delivers new value streams globally for our agency and advertiser clients. We are now looking to grow this team with a North American Trading Director.
What you’ll do
- Own and lead the partnership approval process.
- Develop and deliver partnership performance insights while supporting wide scale adoption of partnership policies by global and local sales teams.
- Manage and develop cross-functional processes that address compliance requirements.
- Ensure alignment between internal stakeholder groups.
- Provide operational expertise to the teams in market and constantly look for ways to improve and optimise partnership structure and processes.
- Cultivate and sustain close communication and alignment with the local sales teams in order to support Spotify Free business goals.
- Responsibility for reporting on trading performance for QBR and required monthly reporting cadence
- Create and manage regular client facing cadences to ensure complete transparency on pacing and strategic milestones, whilst highlighting opportunities for growth.
- Develop and incubate future facing trading strategy, considering all key business growth areas and objectives whilst demonstrating redefined value creation and partnership innovation for our agency and client customers
Who you are
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role in driving new and innovative commercial and strategic partnerships related to trading.
- You have a proven ability to self-govern your role and responsibilities and open up new partnership opportunities without direction.
- You have a deep network and specialist understanding of the trading landscape and investment marketplace.
- You have a proven track record of providing operational expertise and can function efficiently and effectively across multiple stakeholders.
- You have managed deals for agencies and clients that deliver a wide range of success metrics.
- Excellent organisation skills and and ability to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- You have a curious and smart approach to trading that continually seeks creative ways to partner with your clients.
- You have excellent analytical skills and experience drawing insights from internal and external data that influence key strategic decisions.
- You have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills.
- You are able to work and thrive in a fast paced high energy environment.
- You are prepared to travel (predominantly around the US)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.