We are looking for Research Scientists to join a team focused on how people, data and machines talk to each other about music and podcasts, with applications in search, speech and natural language understanding.
Our interdisciplinary Tech Research team focuses on ensuring that the foundations of Spotify technologies are at or above the state of the art and, in the process, redefine the state of the art for the field. As such, our team has strong ties internally to product groups as well as externally to the research community.
Spotify’s mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it.
Our Research Scientists are part of Spotify’s User Engagement organization. User Engagement is a high impact team that is building the next generation technologies aimed at making every user interaction with Spotify amazing through personalization and discovery. Our goal is to deliver the right content to the right user at the right time in order to maximize engagement.
What you’ll do
- You will participate in cutting edge research in language technologies, information retrieval and search applications.
- You will apply your scientific knowledge to analyze data, perform statistical analyses, identify problems, devise solutions and construct methodologies, including metrics and best practices, and conduct experiments to validate these.
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will have product impact, while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
Who you are:
- You have a PhD in Computer Science, Information Science or related areas with a strong computational focus.
- You have a strong knowledge of speech, natural language processing, web search or information retrieval, with experience in machine learning, deep learning, evaluation and / or optimization techniques.
- You have publications in communities such as ACL, SIGIR, WWW, WSDM, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, NIPS, ICML, or related.
- You possess solid hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing and modeling of real data.
- You have a passion for making sense of user behavior, using any available methods.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.