We are currently seeking a passionate and analytical Network Support Engineer to join our IT team based in New York, as part of Spotify’s Global Workplace Services. You will join a team responsible for delivering and supporting our office infrastructure in the Americas. On this team, you will help deliver, maintain, and improve network operations to ensure your colleagues can work seamlessly with minimal interruption.
Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What You’ll Do
- You will ensure our Office Builds project designs follow the Spotify Global Network design standards, support vendors with special access/ approve and sign off on the vendors delivery
- You will have the responsibility for office network infrastructure in the Americas, including VPN tunnels, firewalls, switching, WiFi, and Client VPN
- You will collaborate with other talented engineers to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve network issues
- You will take proactive measures to monitor devices and review logs to prevent network issues with regular maintenance and reliability tests
- You will collaborate with colleagues to review and help improve processes and workflows for network support and implementation of new office builds
- You will train Support Engineers in network troubleshooting and resolutions
- You will work closely with Spotify’s network engineering and support teams
Who You Are
- You have delivered network installation for larger scale offices (over 50ppl)
- You have experience supporting large, complex multi-site enterprise network
- You have worked with some of the following vendors: HP, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Cisco, or Opengear. We are using a mixed tech stack and it’s important that you have multi-vendor experience. Palo Alto and Aruba certified preferred
- You have strong work experience in the network engineering field, preferably with a similar, high tech, high energy company, using agile development methodologies
- You have a strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, firewall, switching and wireless fundamentals
- You love to improve workflow efficiency and explore the latest automation solutions in our industry, if not developing them yourself! You’re creative, curious, eager to learn, and you quickly pick up on new trends and technologies.
- You are experienced with centralized management solutions (Panorama, Mobility Master) and monitoring solutions (Airwave, LibreNMS) or similar tools
- You are a team player with a customer service mentality and actively collaborate with people around you to find solutions to problems
- You are capable of and naturally want to document your work and spread your knowledge and learnings with others
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.